I was diagnosed with psoriasis on my hands few months ago and the initial outbreak calmed down with the help of the cream my dermatologist prescribed. At the moment, there are barely any signs on the spots where psoriasis was present, but I’m thinking it would help if besides constant moisturizing I also tried fighting this thing with the help of supplements. The problem is, there is so much information out there as to what supplements or natural remedies I should take. Some people claim that the psoriasis is caused by some fungal infection in my body, and that probiotics help fight it, so I’ll definitely continue taking them (they also help me control my IBS). However, I’m bit scared of trying large doges of some vitamins as some people suggest, mainly because I’m afraid they might make my IBS worse. Any ideas?

Hello, Guest.  I am unsure about what vitamins would help in huge doses so I am skeptical to even suggest them.  I know of some topical solutions that people have tried and had good success with them. One is taking apple cider vinegar and glycerin and mixing them together to apply to any signs of psoriasis plaques.  Vinegar is a natural antiseptic so it may work on the skin in that way.  Steroids are so hard on the body so something natural like vinegar would be worth a try since it is an inexpensive product and you can use it for other things as well.  Has anyone tried the vinegar/glycerin mixture on your psoriasis?  Has it helped you with healing up psoriasis plaques?

I've had psoriasis on and off and I've found that fish oil, B9 and vitamin D to work really well.  I'm thinking I took 10gm daily of fish oil (actually I think it was Krill oil which is better).  This crustacean oil contains high concentration of phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylcholine.  These phospholipids are components of cell membranes and important for their function.  This will keep you skin smooth and soft.  You can also take vitamin B9 (folic acid, 100mcg daily) and try some vitamin C as well.  There are some studies that suggest that works.  if you are taking methotrexate you'll will need to take B9 anyway.  Vitamin D is good for so many things but studies indicate that it can decrease lesion size and decrease cell production.  The crustacean, B9 and Vitamin D are all things you need in your diet anyway and most of us don't get enough of these so it can't hurt and hopefully it will help.