Hello, good people. My friend is suspected to have infected endocarditis. He should do some more tests. I would like to know if ultrasound is a good method for diagnosing this disease. I am really not sure. I would appreciate all your replies considering this topic. Thanks in advance. Bye, folks.

Hello, there. Infective endocarditis is very tough disease. If it isn’t discovered on time, there can be some serious consequences. I agree that ultrasound is a good method for diagnosing it. However, it is not enough. I think that blood culture should also be done. Some signs and symptoms of Duke’s criteria must be present. You should consult a doctor about this. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello, folks. I agree with the previous post. Ultrasound should be the first method. It can give us some further guidance. However, it shouldn’t be the only method for diagnosing infective endocarditis. There should be other methods as well. Blood culture is one of them. It should be treated intensively and regularly. Otherwise, consequences can be pretty serious. I hope your friend will be all right. Bye!