For the last year I have been losing my balance a lot - at least every day since may ranging from 4 to 23 times.  I stumble to the left almost all of the time.  I have also had double vision for the last 8 years - especially bad when walking down the road and the roofs of cars, buses etc as well as stationery objects jump up and down.  Much worse when I am tired or time of the month.

I had caloric test and other balance tests done which showed my balance system isn't working very well on left hand side.

Thanks

I'm definitely convinced that you should get the tests for MS done (hope they will turn out negative) - I know this because my ex-coworker started having similar problems to the ones you say, about two years ago - the loss of balance, but as it seemed only because one of her sides was "acting up". She, of course, thought, that troubles with vision are because of the desk-job and I was hoping it was the problem with inner ear (that controls the balance), but when the results came... it was MS. And because she was diagnosed so soon, after receiving initial treatment, she didn't have any major attacks since than. SO, time is important, and again, hope the results will be negative!

Thank you for posting such a prompt reply.  I don't get my results until next month but as MS is in the family it would not surprise me to find this was the cause even though I am hoping it isn't.  I know that something is not right but thankfully we have great technology now to assist us in identifying causes which was not around when my aunt was diagnosed.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply.