Hello. I'm 35 year old female and I'm pretty worried about my health state right now. You see, about a week ago I started to suffer from some mild pain located deep in my left ear.
I didn’t pay too much attention on it because I thought it will resolve by it self but it didn’t. With time, the pain only grew stronger and stronger. So, I contacted my ear-nose-throat specialist and he determined that I suffer from some ear inflammation called labyrinthitis. I don’t know anything about this condition but a friend of mine told me that this could be first sigh of much more serious disease called Multiple sclerosis. What should I do?

Hi. I have also had the same symptoms like you and I was also scared like you now when I found out that there is connection between this harmless disorder and MS. So, I have talked about this with one doctor and he told me that labyrinthitis is a short-lived disorder of the inner ear mechanism (the labyrinth), of about six weeks duration.
The big fuss about connection between MS and labyrinthitis is needless. If you have no other symptoms of multiple sclerosis, worrying about this possibility seems unnecessary at the present time.
I will tell you some facts about MS symptoms. Approximately 40 percent of patients initially experience limb weakness. The weakness may involve one or more limbs, be symmetrical or asymmetrical, and present suddenly or evolve over time.

Hi.  I'm sorry to say I had Labyrinthitus in Oct 2012.  This lastest for 5 days but stil had sensitive eyes for a week. Then in Jan 2013 I got dizziness (when moving head) then double vision and was disgnosed with MS.   My GP was very slow to refer me on when I back ill for the second time. Unforunately I attened the non-urgent neurology appt on the 24th day of presenting continual double vision the Neurologist said I should have been refered sooner.  All I can advise anyone is go to A&E.  My GP assumed it was BPPV, he was wrong and what I had was MS symptoms.  Don't risk assuming its not urgent or at least get a second opion i wish I did.