Hello, folks. I have been recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. It all started with blurry vision. However, lately I have begun experiencing weakness of the arms and legs. I must admit that I am little worried about this. Can anyone help me with some more info? I will really appreciate it.

Hi, there. I am afraid that weakness of extremities is common for people with MS. This can cause difficulties with balance and coordination. If the symptoms are severe, it can interfere with walking or even standing. You haven’t mentioned the severity of your symptoms. Sometimes there can be a spasticity of muscles. They become stiff. This also makes problem for the patients. I hope you’ll manage it. Good luck!

Hello, guys. Weakness of the extremities is the most common symptom for MS. The overall treatment for MS should help. However, there are some treatment options for focusing on this problem. These people should get physical therapy. There, they will receive exercises for strengthening their muscles. These exercises should be conducted by an expert, so I won’t explain them now. You can consult your doctor for more details. See what he suggests. Good luck!

Hi to you too. Weakness is indeed one of the most common MS symptoms. When weakness occurs, a certain range of spasticity can be welcomed. In this way, a limb would get its support. In this case, medications that reduce spasticity totally are not desirable. Physical treatment and exercise are required. If your symptoms are serious, you can consider some braces or walkers. They will keep you mobile and independent. I hope you’ll be fine. Bye!