Hello, guys. My friend has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Tremor is something that has been bothering him and I am not sure that drugs are helping. He has read somewhere that increased weight can decrease arm or leg tremor in MS. I wonder if this is true. Can anyone tell me this?

Hi to you too. It is an interesting theory. Tremor in MS is very difficult to treat. I know that many approaches have been tried. None of them has showed 100% effectiveness. There are some more radical surgical techniques. However, they are reserved for the cases that do not respond to conventional treatment. I have also heard something about deep brain stimulation. I think that your friend should consult his doctor about this. Bye!

Hello, folks. I think that this can make sense. I know that weights can be attached to limbs. This is used as a treatment procedure. I think that occupational therapists use this. However, your friend should gain weight in his limbs. He would have to eat a lot to achieve this. Then, I wonder how healthy that would be. Wouldn’t you agree? Bye!

Hi, guys. I would agree with the previous posts. I know that MS tremor is very difficult to treat. My coworker has MS and I know how she is dealing with it. However, I don’t think that it is healthy to gain enormous weight in order to decrease tremor. This will make a great burden for your friend’s heart. Fatty tissue brings many kilometers of blood vessels. In these conditions, heart has to pump harder. He should consult his specialist about all this. Good luck!

Hey, basically the answer to your question is no! The theory behind it is that with extenuated waight your muscles will have more resistance by increased weight gain therefor reduce tremors. It may work a little but it will cause serious health issues. The best results you will find are from cannabis. Now i dont necessarly mean weed ( although that is the best form) you need to get your friend to speak to their care worker and reccomend them for a mouth spray called Savitex. It will help with both pain and temors. And to anybody who disagrees with me i suffer from MS so yeah i can guarentee it works lol