Hello, I have problems with constipations that happen often. I have tried with various laxatives, but they are effective as long as I take them. After that, constipation is back. I have a feeling that I am swelled because of irregular defecation. So, I have started to use some cleansing herbs and I would like to know is senna safe to take, along with other colon cleansing herbs?

Senna could be used for cleansing together with some other herbs. In colon, senna increases the movements of intestines. Its effect happens after 6 to 8 hours after taking, so it is recommendable to take it in he late evening. Side effects are intestinal cramps, hyperemia and irritation of all inner organs positioned in the pelvic area.

Senna is only a temporary solution. You should definately consider finding an excellent naturopath who would help you with your diet (food intake) and what to eat that would help keep you regular. It could be that you have some problems with certain foods that don't allow proper digestion and elimination. Just a suggestion. This is what I did some 8 years ago. I sought out a naturopath and incorporated a cleansing program by drnatura called colonix and I am very regular. It is important to see what foods work for you and what don't. It usually has something to do with foods. Good luck - keep us posted on your progress.

One easy cheap and proven solution to your problem and many others..

After you wake up early morning before brushing your teeth.

Drink 4 glasses of water everyday.. Start with 2-3 and gradually increase it to 4 .. and see the difference