Hello, folks. I have angina pectoris. My coronary arteries are narrowed. My doctor recommends me angioplasty as a possible solution. I am little afraid of this kind of procedures. What adverse events have been linked to angioplasty? I would appreciate if anyone could reply me. Thank you for everything. Bye, folks!

Hello to you too. There are some adverse events that have been linked to angioplasty. Symptoms of angina are possible when air is being inflated into stent balloon. In almost 20% of people restenosis appears. It means that treated arteries re-narrow. If this happens, then another angioplasty must be done. Restenosis will have fewer chances to appear if drug-eluting stents are used. You should talk about these details to your cardiologist. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!