Hello. I'm 46 year old female and recently my father died from heart attack. He had a weak heart for several years before he died.
About three days before his death he complained about pressure, fullness or a squeezing pain in the center of his chest.
I took him imidiately to his cardiologist. He just looked at him and told me that this is common problem with long-term heart patients. He gave him some nitroglycerine and released him home. After two days he died. Is it possible that his death could be avoided and that the malpractice of medical staff is responsible for this?

Hi. I'm very sorry about your dad and everything but I must tell you that heart attack is one of the top five diseases in terms of malpractice.
A heart attack is an injury to the heart muscle which is the result of a prolonged lack of oxygen filled blood due to a loss of blood supply.
If the heart attack is diagnosed in right time, the goal of treatment for a heart attack is to decrease stress on the heart and restore blood supply to the affected area.
This can be done in several ways but most effective are operations called bypass operations or even pace-maker operations.
Despite how well known heart attacks are, they are still commonly misdiagnosed, particularly in the emergency room.