I am so confused-I've looked up everything I can think of on this and still can't find an answer!
I hope someone knows something that can shed some light on this subject :-D

My last period began October 8th and I ovulated on the 28th or 29th (took ovulation tests to know).
My husband and I had unprotected sex all throughout the time I was ovulating.
The thing is, I have a 34 day cycle and it never varies.
My next period was supposed to begin on November 11th, but it is now November 19th and I still haven't gotten my period-I'm a week late.
I've taken a HPT every morning since I missed my period and every one of them have been negative.
Then, just today, I saw light brownish spotting, but isn't it a little late to for implantation bleeding?
I thought implantation bleeding happened around 7 days after fertilization ? It's been 3 weeks since my husband and I had sex during my ovulation.

Is it even possible that what I'm having implantation bleeding?

I just wonder if having a 34 day cycle delays everything.....

This is a little late for you to be having an implantation bleeding, it is. However, early pregnancy spotting, which may look very similar to an implantation bleeding, is very common during early pregnancy. The strange thing is that you keep getting negative pregnancy test results, and pregnancy tests should be accurate at this stage because you have already missed your period. 

You could make an appointment with a doctor and ask for a blood pregnancy test, but I'd also keep in mind that stress, including anticipation because you are really hoping to be pregnant, can and does delay periods sometimes. I would just wait it out and see what happens next, personally. 

I know you posted your question a while ago, and I was wondering if you ended up being pregnant or not. I am in the EXACT same situation and the waiting/not knowing is killing me!!!

so did you get pregnant?

I will try and make this a short story...My husband and I started trying for our first baby in Oct and got pregnant immediately.... we had a miscarriage in November :-( We waited the three months and started trying again in Feb. Didn't get preg. last month and had a 34 day cycle. The two previous cycles were 29 and 32. Pretty consistant and normal periods.
Yesterday I started spotting, but I wouldn't call it a period. The three pregnancy tests I have taken since my 29th day of cycle have been negative...and they were 20uL tests. I don't feel pregnant at all like I did in Oct (crampy, tired, and nauseus). Could it be implantation bleeding? Or is my cycle just wacky?

I am having a same exact thing right now.. One thing for sure was that you were pregnant in October even though you miscarried after.. I think that the spotting I got (you got) 1 week after the expected period date was caused by the late implantation.. As I read somewhere, late implantation leads to miscarriage unfortunately..

Hi girls, I too am have a 34 day cycle. 2 days prior to ovulating my husband and I had unprotected sex and had a funny feeling it would result in pregnancy. Anyway, I waited to notice implantation (I did with my 2nd child but didn't know at what week), the 6-12 day implantation period came and went without a glimpse. Two weeks after ovulating my period didn't arrive so I testes which was negative. I didn't feel pregnant, but I knew I'd ovulated and now my period hadn't come. A few days later another negative which I decided to believe and second guessed my certainty of ovulation. Anyway, three weeks after ovulation I got cramping in lower abdomen and light brown discharge. I decided to test again as it was familiar to me with pregnancy and still negative. All test had been done during the day so I waited till 10 days late from period (3 1/2 weeks after ovulation) and tested first thing in the morning which came up positive.

I wanted to let you all know because I'd been searching through mounds of bloggs etc trying to look for answers and doubting my self. I really don't know if what I had was implantation but certainly sounds like everything I'd read, however 3 weeks after ovulation??? Ia that at all possible???

ok im kinda confused, my cycle is NO WAY normal, i dont have one of those 28-34 day cycles. i am a cpl days late on my period, should have started on saturday but on monday i had some spotting so thought good my period is finally here, didnt even last an hr, and then tuesday there was just a pink cast to the tp and today there has been a lil blood but it comes and goes again. now i have NEVER spotted with any of my periods, when i start i start! the only time i have ever spotted was went i got prego with my son. i did have unprotected sex last week, friday i think, could it be implantation?

when i got pregnant with DS i had implantation spotting on 15dpo and got my bfp 3 days later. it was at least a 33 day cycle with ovulation occurring on cd16. hope that helps :-)

You have no idea how happy I am to find that this can happen so late! I've been searching for an answer all afternoon and finnaly stumbled across this thread. I'm on a 26 day cycle and am 9 days late at this point...I noticed a brown tinge yesterday that looked like what I've always heard for the description of IB. But everything I've found untill now just said "Around the time of your period" or "Up to when your period is expected". I tested three days ago in the afternoon and it came up negative...so I've got an apointment this Friday to go get tested with FMU.

I've been reading this thread looking for anwers... normally my period is 28 days like clockwork, but so far I am on day 34 with no cramps or other period signs in sight. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both were negative (on day 29 and day 31). Is it possible that I could be pregnant but it wouldn't show up positive for another few days??? I am dying to know, the waiting is KILLING me. I have never in my life had a cycle this long though, which is why I'm wondering if I AM pregnant but because of the long cycle a pregnancy test is negative at this point. Does anyone have any thoughts? Is it possible I'm pregnant after all? If so, when should I try testing again??

I have recently completed an ICSI cycle, had the egg retrieval on the 22 Dec, and ET two days later with only one (8-cell) embryo. I am now on my 18th day DPT and still no period. I have taken two HPTs, one on day 16 DPT and one on day 17 DPT, both negative. I had very light (and brief) brown spotting last night (day 17 DPT). Could this be late IB?? Could I possibly be PG????? I was very relieved to find this thread as it has given me some hope when I had given it up! But I really really would like to know, have any of you who have posted these threads here since discovered you were in fact pregnant??

I have a question. I have been trying to concieve baby number 2 for 5 months now. We do the deed every other day between days 10 until around 25. And nothing. THis month I am on day 27 and am cramping a little bit. Is it possible to just now be ovulating or could it be early pregnancy symptoms? I took ovulation predictors up until day 21 and ran out and didnt go get another box. I have read about when I should have ovulated. I am just confused as to why it hasnt happened yet unless there is a problem and I am not ovulating at all. I got preg with my son the first month. I m just worried, 5 months with us trying every other night and nothing has happened yet...

my implantation was 16dpo dnt worry about it just qo to the doctor qet a blood test its more acurate :-D

My doctor was surprised but his only explanation was late implantation with my pregnancy. I'm 10 weeks and 1 day right now. I did not know I was pregnant. I went to the ER with pain and spotting at 5 weeks and they said I was pregnant and probably having a miscarriage. I never miscarried and went back to the doctor for a follow up where they saw a heartbeat and said everything should be fine. Hope this helps. But you should always call your doctor if you are concerned. They will listen to your symptoms and based on your ultrasounds or previous visits they will tell you if you need to be seen or not.