Hi - Have been TTC for 6 months now. Have had very light brown spotting two days, (very little amount on day 2) about the time that I was expecting AF. Took a test and it came out negative. But if this was implantation spotting was it too early to test? please any responses would be greatly appreciated.

You can take a first response early pregnancy test about 5 days BEFORE you miss a period, but most pregnancy tests are most accurate AFTER you miss your period.

If you want you can get an early test.

If you are now late for your period, you should be able to test. Make sure you buy a brand with high sensitivity, 20-25 IU. These will pick up a much lower level of pregnancy hormone.

I have been TTC for 4 months now and I had a miscarriage 1st month. I have been testing and testing and my period due date came and went and I gave up on the tests. I knew I just didn't feel right. Days prior I had really bad pulling and poking pains on my left side. So, today I went and tested again 3 days after my period was late and 2 days ago I had light spotting and I thought my AF was starting but it never did. Today the test came up positive and although the line is faint , it is readable from arms length. So, keep your fingers crossed, because maybe I implanted later than I thought and the hormones were just not high enough to be read yet. I tested with the most sensitive test too. Has this happened to anyone else?

It is quite common to take a week or so after the period is due for a result to come up even on a sensitive test. This is due to later implantation etc. Very frustrating

Well, my experience was by the book, so was my cycle all the time. I never had any irregularities, so I can’t really relate. My implantation was 7 days po and I did have slight spotting and I knew instantly that it was implantation because earlier that day I had cramps and I was so happy because I just knew!

It is quite possible that your implantation took place later, I mean implantation window is 6-12 days post op, so it is quite possible.

I would suggest you saw a doc now and had a blood test now to confirm your pregnancy and check the dates. Blood tests are more reliable meaning that they measure the amount of hcg hormone and not just the presence like home pregnancy tests ( urine ) do.

Hcg hormone is a hormone made by placenta once the egg has implanted and all pregnancy tests are based on its detection.

I hope everything turns out well for you! Good luck!

Thanks-you for your replies. The Test came out VERY positive today - there was no mistaking the line. I made an Appt. to see the OBGYN. I guess there was not enough levels to be detected at that time. So, it took several days past my period due date to show. I can tell you that today, some of the preganacy symptoms started to appear/ get stronger as well. I thought I was going to get away with it :-)

Congratulations, hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

I know this is an old thread but to any1 coming across it, the answer is 12-19 days after implantation for urine hpt about 3 days after a blood test would b positive.

Correction *ovulation. 12-19 days after ovulation XD