So my cycles have always been irregular ranging in length from 28 days- 72days most common is 35-40 days (i keep very good track). My last period started on 26th of oct, I had intercourse (unprotected, no pullout) on 14th of nov. I have been experiencing extremely bad hot flashes and headaches the past 3 days as well as some nipple sensitivity. I have never experienced the hot flashes/dizzyness and headaches before and today aprx 7days past intercourse I experienced some spotting (also not a usual Occurrence in my cycle)

so long story short do you think I could be pregnant? and If so when should I test? I know everything says 5days before your period/or when you miss your period. but my periods are so irregular that, that is not an option.

Hi! Most home pregnancy tests are urine tests. They detect the amount of hCG in your urine, but only when it reaches a certain level. If you use one of these tests too early in pregnancy, the amount of hCG in your urine may not be high enough for a positive result. But most urine pregnancy tests will give you accurate results if you test a few days after your period would normally be due. A test may be negative for several reasons: You may not be pregnant, you may have tested too early, you may have ovulated later than you thought (and so not be far enough along for the test to detect your hCG), or your pregnancy may have complications affecting the amount of the hormone in your body. If you get a negative result, try again in another few days if you still haven't gotten your period. The other kind of pregnancy test measures the amount of hCG in your bloodstream, not your urine. Blood tests can measure much smaller amounts of the hormone, and so can detect pregnancy earlier than urine tests, usually about six to eight days after ovulation. Unfortunately, blood tests are more expensive, must be ordered by a physician, and require you to give a blood sample. Most women use urine pregnancy tests since they're much easier. I hope this will help you. :-)

Supporter
well I was really wondering if there is like a certain number of days past implantation bleeding that a home pregnancy test would be accurate. And the reason being for that is my very irregular cycles make it hard to tell when to test that way. (and expensive)