Hi, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with tularemia and he has been hospitalized. I don’t know much about this disease, but I know that in his case, it is located in his lungs. I would like to know if this is fatal or not. What do you think about this? I will appreciate all your replies.

Hello. I think you don’t need to worry much. Since your friend is hospitalized, it means that he is in good hands. Tularemia has three forms depending on its localization. Those are pulmonary, glandular, oculoglandular and typhoid. If a patient gets his antibiotics in time, death rate is quite small. It is about 1%. So, you see that you don’t need to worry. I hope I’ve helped here. Good luck!

Hello, everyone. I would agree with the previous post. When you get antibiotics on time, there is no need for worry. Today, this lethal rate is much decreased. Thank God for antibiotics! If you are still worried, why don’t you talk to your friend’s doctor? Maybe he can convince you not to worry a lot. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck to your friend! Bye!