Hi! I’m 29 years old and I gave birth three weeks ago. Since then I have a problem with urination. I need to go to toilet very often. I feel like I have to pee every half an hour. If I try to hold it in, it causes pressure and a mild pain in my bladder. Maybe I have urinary tract infection. Is UTI common in post-pregnancy period?

Well, I’m not sure that UTI is common after childbirth but I know that may woman in post-pregnancy period have a same problem as you. Weeks after I gave birth I had pressure in my bladder. It may just be that your bladder hasn't changed back from pregnancy. Maybe you should ask your doctor.

You should definitely ask your doctor about this. It is not uncommon that you suffer from those symptoms after the pregnancy but if you feel that there is something more into it than you should definitely get it checked. Usually urinary tract infection are affecting woman more than man and for that reason we should be more careful.

You can increase intake of the fluids into your organism such as water and herbal teas. Lemonade is also good in cases like this and I have heard that cranberry juice is excellent for all urinary tract issues.

I hope that you will resolve your problems very soon and congratulations on becoming a mother. Take care of you and your baby.