Hello, good people. I have a problem with frequent urinary tract infections. My friend recommended me to try to treat it with lemonade! I must admit that this sounds little silly to me. Has anyone tried this? If you have, I would gladly hear your opinions. Thank you for answering my post. Bye!

Hello. Well, I use lemonade often since I also suffer from frequent UTIs. However, I don’t rely only on lemonade. It would be silly. I have heard that citric acid is good for killing bacteria. I put some sugar and warm it a little. Nevertheless, I take my medications regularly when I have problems. You should visit a doctor for official therapy. You can combine it with lemonade, teas and lots of fluid. I hope this helps. Bye!

I was told to drink cranberry juice, but lemonade may be ok, but it will only change the ph levels and you would need antibiotics to actually kill bacteria. I right now have a urinary tract infection and have staph and strep in my urine.

I am on antibiotics for ten days.

No, no, no! I do not recommend this it exacerbates the symptoms. 

Yes I was told by my Urologist and Internal Doctors that Lemonade is a great way to control bladder infections. There is an acid in the lemonade that fights off the bacteria, and look here I have being told by the experts in Urology. Lemonade does work but also keep up your water fluids.

I have tried it, and it helped, especially with the pain, but I drank a good amount.

Lemonade caused more burning for me. Dont drink or eat anything acidic and no sugar. Put 1/2 tsp of baking soda in a bottle of water or glass of water and drink a couple of these a day. I also take a large pitcher of warm water and add 1/3 cup of baking soda to the water and i pour this over my burning area. I have never had to take an antibiotic for a uti yet.

Did you pour baking soda and water over the affected burning area?

ummm you sure that's a uti

I don't believe lemonade helps in such cases. I took over the counter remedies although my UTI had got such a hold I had to take a trip to A&E where I received the best care and was given a short course of antibiotics thanks to all the kind nurses and doctors at Victoria Hospital Blackpool.
Chamomile tea, plenty of water avoid spicy foods tomatoes and anything acidic if you are feeling vulnerable

I agree. Simply Lemonade doesn’t help me at all.