Hello! I have been having a strange lower back pain for three days. Also, I have noticed my urine changed its color but only once or twice. Everything has been normal after that. I don’t feel pain in my bladder and I don’t feel burning during urination. My mother says I could have urinary tract infection even if I don’t have all the common symptoms and that this lower back pain could be caused by UTI. Is this possible?

Hello! Low back pain may come from your spine, muscles, or other structures in that region. Since your kidneys are located in your back, low back pain could be a sign of urinary tract infection or even a bladder infection or a kidney stone. But, it doesn’t necessarily mean that some of the named infections above actually cause your pain. Maybe you did things improperly; standing, sitting, or lifting something too heavy. Usually, most back problems improve on their own. Also, the pain could be a sign that something is going wrong in our body so, it is always good to visit your doctor if the symptoms remain for one week or longer.