I have periphial neuropathy with severe edema from the waist down.  My doctor will not give me water pills.  Is there anything I can take homiopathically?

Hello, well doctors usually know their business so i would not get any other medications than what doctor gave me. But thats just me. It must a real discomfort to have such a condition. You should consider elevating your legs when you lay down since you said you have edema from the waist down. So that might help. Also you could buy compression stockings. They can be helpful by increasing the resistance of fluid leaking to the vessels. Anyhow, i would ask the doc again for some help to relieve your symptoms. Dont give up on him yet. Hope this helps

I have Peripheral neuropathy what this means, the nerves don't work correctly because the brain and the nerves do not receive the right information to each other. Not just to one nerve but nerves throughout the whole body will be disrupted by Peripheral neuropathy. It is very much like Fibromyalgia, there are many types and causes. No cause can be found as of yet, but nerves diseases does run in families. Mine just happen due to a brain injury.

What I have been doing but you have to be VERY CAUTIOUS is getting injections in my back it has elevated my back pain plus the pain with in my legs. However!!!! There are side Effects to the injections I had written about it in this forum. At

https://www.steadyhealth.com/Emotional_effects_of_Cortisone_injections____t175757.html#1145572

Trust me some effects are not great you have to decide to take the good with the bad. Ultimately it will be up to you. However I will tell you it has helped me!!! However, it has not helped my Mental Health. So again take the good with the bad!!!

Good Luck if you need anything just give me a howl.

DisabledWolf

Good Luck if you need anything give me a howl!!!

have you tried malic acid (1500 mg) and magnesium (1000 mg) per day + 100 mg of 5-HTP which is natural form of seratonin? Also at least 100 mg of vitamin B6 daily or B-complex vitamins with 50 mg vitamin B6 in the formula taken twice a day. You might also want to juice combination of cucumber+celery+carrots+1 lime or lemon such that you get at least 16 oz of juice made fresh twice a day. No store bought kind or left over night. It has to be made fresh and drink it within 10-15 minutes. Low speed omega juicers would be my choice. If you need a model no please write back.

Asparagus is a natural diuretic. Try steaming some. It may help remove some of the bloating.

Is the edema bilateral?  Are your arms involved?

Selenium is good.

However, if your edema is bilateral- emal me personally.

sheila- washington, dc

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I have severe periphisl neuropathy with intermittent edema all over, face, neck,arms,legs,ect. I have no control over regulating my tempurature and I sometimes get pain all over where u can not even touch my face or hair. I am so tired of the pain and swelling,no hope in site.I had a B-12 shot once and it helped.I am always thirsty an drink about 6 gallons or more of water but with no direct tie in to the swelling.I crave sugar and most regular foods taste nasty and when I eat regular food I feel in going down my esophgus into my stomach and sometimes it is extremely painful and sometimes I can not swallow. Help.