Good afternoon. My name is Ellisa and I am 37 years old. My dad died from the heart attack, my mom had silent heart attack, and my granddad also had a heart attack when he was younger. I am extremely afraid that I could get one as well and I am trying to do everything to prevent it. I was reading that diet program can help me, so I am following one. But I have also heard that vitamin E is a good for the heart. I want to know is this true or this is just one more myth? Tnx!

I don't know about this one, Guest. I always thought that Vitamin E is good for the heart which is actually true, but it is also kind of bad. There were some studies done which showed that it might do more harm than good here but still, the opinions are kind of divided.

There was this research done and the data showed that, when vitamin E was given alone, the risk of myocardial infarction was reduced by 20%, with the effect mostly driven by fatal myocardial infarction. On the flip side, no effects were observed when Vitamin E was combined with other antioxidants.

Hi guys,

I don't know, it is just like Bee said, some think of it as a good thing and some don't. The thing is, if you want to be on a diet which is rich with Vitamin E, that diet is going to have a lot of fat, so basically you shouldn't do that, you should take Vitamin E only as a supplement. I never really had any reason to go for Vitamin E because I didn't find it useful to me, I'm on a healthy diet anyway and I have a pretty much healthy life. By the way, not smoking is essential here.

Many claims have been made about vitamin E's potential to promote health and prevent and treat disease. The mechanisms by which vitamin E might provide this protection include its function as an antioxidant and its roles in anti-inflammatory processes, inhibition of platelet aggregation, and immune enhancement.

A primary barrier to characterizing the roles of vitamin E in health is the lack of validated biomarkers for vitamin E intake and status to help relate intakes to valid predictors of clinical outcomes. This section focuses on four diseases and disorders in which vitamin E might be involved: heart disease, cancer, eye disorders, and cognitive decline.

I don't know about you guys, but I think that Vitamin E is very, very good for the heart, I don't really think that it is a myth. I mean, there were so many studies done and they all finished with more or less the same conclusion: that Vitamin E is very good for the heart and it can help with a lot of things.

However, like others said, you shouldn't try and eat foods that are rich with Vitamin E, otherwise you'll end up very fat. Instead, you should try and take it as a dietary supplement, in the form of pills and such.

Hey.
@Bee, I always believed that as well, but I was reading some articles as well and I found exactly the same thing - that vitamin E is not that good for the heart. That is why I was concerned.
@Stradivarius - My friend told me exactly the same thing like you did, that vitamin E is very good and that I should consider to put it in my daily menu.
But I have one other question as well - who can know what is the best and how big amount of vitamin E I should take per day? And also, where I can find the vitamin E as well? In which groceries?
Thank you for your support.

Hello. I also don’t know what to tell you about this, because a lot of people claim that vitamin E is good for the heart, while others will tell you that it is not and that it can have some really bad effects to your heart. Recently I found information that vitamin E is good for the people’s heart but only if you use it alone, and I really don’t know what this means. But it is definitely that supplements that are containing vitamin E can reduce the risk of heart attack. But be careful – very high dose of this vitamin can harm you and your heart as well. You should consult someone who is an expert.  

Hey, I really don't want to ruin your dreams, but I think that vitamin E is not what you are looking for at all. I know that my good friend Larric wanted to use vitamin E because he heard that it is really helpful. But guess what? He was using it and nothing has happened. He was not using it alone, he was using it with some other supplements and some other things as well and I think that this was the thing that ruined his heart - I don't want to tell you that I am sure, because I am not. My point is that you should be very careful with it.