I have noticed that I have vaginal discharge for past couple of days. I am worried about this, that is might be cancer. Is it possible? Can I get more information about the causes of vaginal discharge?

I advise you to go to your doctor. Vaginal discharge can be signs of infection, not of a cancer. For you to be sure and to ease yourself, go to examination. The most common causes of vaginal infection are thrush, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, chlamydia and gonorrhoea. Other infections include genital herpes and genital warts. Also a forgotten tampon can promote infection and cause discharge. Except discharge, itchiness, soreness, painful intercourse, abdominal pain, foul odor etc. are signs of an infection. A doctor may need to examine the outer genital skin and the inner vaginal lining to diagnose a vaginal infection and the instrument is called a speculum. A sample of discharge may be taken using a swab, which is sent to a laboratory for analysis. After the cause is determined, the doctor will prescribe medications for the treatment.

Hi everyone,

I am wondering can anyone give me some answers or ideas?
I have had cervical cancer when I was 21, and the surgery to get rid of it.
Now I am having discharge problems, I have duced and femmine spray. Nothing is working, seen the doctor, he told me to use vagianl cream for 10 days, if this doesn't help we will have to do an internal exam. What does this mean?? I still have my ovaries...

Thank you
From Cananda

Hi! I don’t know what was taken out during your surgery (whole cervix, uterus, top of the vagina, etc) but one thing is certain, you won’t get rid of the discharge by douching and femmine spray, you can only aggravate it.

What kind of discharge is it? It could be yeast infection if you doctor told you to use vaginal cream. Now, of course it matters what kind of vaginal cream. You gave so little information that it is impossible to tell more.

Douching and using different sprays could contribute to overgrowth of the yeast that normally lives in and out of the vagina. When this happens, a woman may experience excessive vaginal discharge, itching, redness and/or bad fishy odor.

An internal exam means that your doctor will look if there is another infection in your vagina or maybe even if the cancer reoccurred. Recurred cancer can be treated as well. What stage was your cancer when it was removed?

hi im 17 and iv had viginal dischage for the last 4 years but its got worse as i got older it comes every day and sometimes its really heavy like a peirod. i went to see the nurse and she told me it might be the bubble bath i use and not to use it anymore and it should go away within 3 weeks but it as not its still there sometimes its white or clear sometimes its yellow and smells its really irratating and somtimes ichy. can you recomend anythink because its effecting my sex life.

Do NOT use ANY scented "feminine hygiene products" These products should be illegal because they have no purpose except making women feel like there's something wrong with the way their p***y naturally smells, and then usually just end up making them smell worse.

Only use MILD vinegar douches, only when necessary, and THERE IS NO REASON TO WASH YOUR VAGINA WITH SOAP. The vagina is a self cleaning organ, you only have to wash the outside gently with water and your hand, wash cloths may irritate.

I had a yeast infection for about a year, I went to different gynos who diagnosed it as different things, prescribed different things and none of them worked. I researched online and found many natural cures. Boric acid seems to work for me, but also slippery elm, tea tree oil, and acidophilus capsules seem effective. Sticking a clove of garlic up there may also work for you, just make sure you can get it out.

What I learned: Don't trust doctors, especially if you are a woman. When you think there is something wrong, provided it isn't serious, you should search the web thoroughly.

wow i cant believe anyone would ever tell anyone not to go to the doctor. how ignorant. im willing to bet that person has no idea what theyre talking about. o.O To an extent viginal discharge is NORMAL. ask your doc if you think it may be excessive or like you said its interferring with your life.

i"m call linda from west Africa preciately Cameroon,dis web really intrest me i had this same problem but shy to see the doctor you have given me that courage to move on and now i'm able to see the doctor.
thanks very much