Im 17, I had sex about a week or more ago unprotected and protected at the same time. I got really itchy the next day and started getting a thick white discharge.. Lasted a couple of days. It looked as if I had a yeast infection. But now the itchyness has gone away, and the discharge isn't as constant but the color or the discharged changed it's a light yellowish and kind of gooey. It doesn't have a smell (I am getting my period soon). I can't go to the gynecologist because my mother isn't aware of my situation. But what do I do? Will it go away after my period or remain.

Hi there

An untreated vaginal yeast infection will not go away with periods, it will revert soon. meanwhile you an adopt safe measures listed below -

How you are treated will depend on what’s causing the problem. For example, yeast infections are usually treated with antifungal medications inserted into the vagina in cream or gel form. Bacterial vaginosis is treated with antibiotic pills or creams. Trichomoniasis is usually treated with the drug metronidazole (Flagyl) or tinidazole (Tindamax).

• Here are some tips for preventing vaginal infections that can lead to abnormal discharge:   
  • Keep the vagina clean by washing regularly with a gentle, mild soap and warm water.    Never use scented soaps and feminine products or douche. Also avoid feminine sprays and bubble baths.   
  • After going to the bathroom, always wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from getting into the vagina and causing an infection.   
  • Wear 100% clean cotton underpants, and avoid overly tight clothing.

Of course, you need to visit a doctor and get examined. He will then recommend proper medication, which also means you need to inform your mother. Be brave and tell her for your own good.

Good luck