On my 6 miler at lunch, a bee stung me on the ankle. :(

Did you ice it? :(

:x that would hurt like a bee stinging you on the ankle. :x

bees have balls.

Did you ice it? :(
Bees don't like cold water.

Did you ice it? :(
Bees don't like cold water. Guess that's why I've never been stung.

Update - I think it was a yellow jacket. It was a winged yellow and black smudge on the trail by the time I tried to identify it.

I'm thinking yellow jacket because I got stung multiple times by one insect. I didn't think bees could sting more than once.

The b****r was between my shoe and sock and was going to town on my ankle. That is just a really annoying place to have a sting of any kind.

Do you have any idea how much I use my feet for running?

Yabut, you only use that one every other step.

Did you freak out and strip down to your undies just in case? That's what I would do. :P

I really need to run in California more often. :|

No, I was already naked because I was training for an upcoming nude 5k. But thanks for asking. And thanks for the new signature idea.

If it stung multiple times it is most likely a yellow jacket. They are much more aggressive than bees, can sting multiple times because they don't leave a stinger embedded, and are rather active this time of year (at least here).

They are nasty little creatures. Much more of a problem than your average honey/bumblee.