Hi, folks. I have been diagnosed with bee stings allergy. I was stung last year and I had mild allergic reaction. The thing that interests me is whether I can eat bee honey or not since I am allergic to bee stings. Can anyone tell me something more about this? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi, there. There are two possibilities. Some people are allergic to both bee stings and bee honey. However, there are people who are not allergic to bee honey, but have bee stings allergy. You cannot know upfront whether you are allergic to bee honey. I suggest you to visit a doctor. Ask for some test to determine what you are allergic to. This is the best way to find out. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Well,
I am not sure if bee sting and bee honey are really related. You have to understand that honey is something different from the bee itself. There is a chance that some people are allergic to both, bee sting and bee honey. But the fact is that this doesn’t have to be related at all. The fact is that you really won’t know this until you go to your doctor and do an allergy test which will then show if you have both of these allergies. Until then you should be careful when you eat hone and when you are near bees. I hope this helped you in any possible way.

Good luck,
Karel

I can eat honey but am allergic to stings. Thanks paper wasp sting was the worse. The wasp came next and the bee sting was the mildest. I grow and love raspberries. The bees and wasp love them too

Just avoid eating raw honey and you'll be fine, regular/pasteurized honey is okay. Raw hasn't had the bee bits filtered out, and there's a possibility of reacting to that, essentially.