I was stung on July 2nd, it is now July 11th and I'm now having a reaction. I didn't have a reaction before. On July 10 I woke up and it looked like a mosquito bite. The swelling increased throughout the day on my calf muscle. When I was a kid I was told I was allergic to bees and now at 31 dealing with a wasps sting. I'm not sure if I got the Stinger out so I treated it with salt. What should I do. The day after I got stung, I had diarrhea, my asthma increase, and I started having body aches also nauseous. We looked for the singer on the 10th and couldn't find it. Help (my mother is having the one with the sting )

Hi Abby,

Usually you can use something like a credit card to scrape along the surface of the skin to remove the stinger. 

Wasps and hornets don't usually leave the stinger though, bee's do.  In a wasp it is smooth, not barbed like a bee's.  You could be stung 100's of times by a wasp yet only once by a bee.

It can get infected.  Since it has been more than a week I'd suggest you see your doctor if it continues.

Thank u Dan. How could u prevent it from getting infected?

Wash the area with soap and water when you are stung. You can apply an antibiotic cream or spray to the wound, or alcohol (might sting a bit). At this point, if it has been in you for a week there is nothing you can really do on the surface of your skin to fight an infection under the skin. Your body has to fight it itself or you may need an antibiotic.

Thank u for the help