Hi! Yesterday I have been stung by a bee. It's first time that was happened to me. I was afraid because I heard a lot of different stories about allergic reactions. I don't know now, maybe I'm allergic. I feel ok, I just have a single sting. Is it possible to have delayed allergy to a bee sting?

Hi! The duration of a reaction can vary from one person to another. But if you don't have any allergic symptoms at all after whole night, I think that everything is ok with you! As I know, sometimes reactions may be delayed as much as 12 hours. You don't need to worry!

i was digging in my flower bed & hit a ground bee nest. Mt dog was stung in her ear and had seizures the next day. Benedryl after the vet visit cured this for her. I was stung multiple times on my hands ,face arms with no reaction until 1 week later to the day. I woke up the entire left side of my face was swollen my eye was swollen shut, my hands looked like boxing gloves. My dr. said he'd never seen anything like it . I was given Benedryl & and antibiotic shot. I live in Pa. and we don't have africanized bees so why this occurred I don't know. But it was definitely a delayed reaction to bee stings. Anytime I get stung now I run for the Benedryl! Am I allergic? I don"t know.

Just a clarification: venom from Africanized Honey Bees (AHBs or "killer bees") is no more toxic or potent than that of a normal honey bee. The difference is behavioral. I'd suspect you weren't stung by honey bees, since nesting in the ground is not normal behavior for them, especially in PA.

Also in PA, also stung by a ground bee of some sort. I was stung on the ear. It seemed ok until several days later when my whole neck hurt. All the lymph nodes were swollen, my face and jaw even hurt. Everything on that side of my face was hot. I was having headaches, as well. I saw my ENT, because of the lumps in my neck. I ended up with a steroid shot, a round of antibiotics and antihistamines. He said it would takes weeks or months for the lymph nodes to go back to normal size!

Yellow Jackets nest in the ground and love flower beds. I was stung a week ago by a very large Yellow Jacket on the back of my calve. I am now having a delayed response of hives. I also have an autoimmune disorder that could be a factor. So, yes you can have delayed responses.