Recently, I had what I believe was a urinary tract infection. I did not go to the doctor because it was not serious, I just drank a lot of water and cranberry juice and it cleared up on it's own. I had it a little before and during the time that my period should have started, which was last Monday. Once the infection was gone, I didn't get my period and it is now a week late. It's making me very nervous since i am sexually active (I always use a condom, but I've had scares before) and I am not on the pill.
It is not uncommon for my period to be late. I am extremely thin (I'm sixteen and I currently only way 93 pounds, i wish i weighed more), and that causes my menstrual cycle to be very unreliable. I am also constantly under stress.
I know that the infection itself doesn't usually cause a delay in your period, and since i wasn't on antibiotics I know that wasn't it. But I heard that the strain the infection puts on your body can sometimes cause your period to be late or missed.
So here is my question:

Should I be concerned about this? Could I be late because of the UTI?

Please help me out, if I freak out that will just make it more late.

Sometimes periods are just late. Any type of stress, be it medical or emotional, or anything can cause your period to be late. I haven't found that uti could delay your period, but if you are taking antibiotics for the infection they can cause your birth control not to work. But you already know that. The first thing you want to do is get rid of your Urinary tract infection. Try taking cranberry caps every day, this will help you maintain a healthy urinary tract. For some people it even works better than antibiotics. You can also drink a cup of pure unsweetened cranberry juice instead. Continue using condoms, that helps me a lot. Once I skip the condom the uti is back. Do the pregnancy test and you'll calm down.

that is exactly what is happening to me!!!! :-( I don't want to be pregnant! :-( I read on this website that UTI's do delay periods but I just want to be sure.

I am going throuh the same thing right now as well ,and I want to be sure as well I have read on other sites that the uti does effect your cycle ...

Same here :(((((( I'm 19. period was supposed to be here this week. last month I had it on the 11th BUT I also have a UTI for a 2 weeks, if not MORE. I'm sexually active. The time I got the UTI, was when I had sex. 2 days after thanksgiving. My breast are a bit tender, usual menstrual symptoms but I urinate A LOT! Oh, I'm diabetic too, we tend to urinate frequently. About a week after I had sex (also with a UTI) there was a bit spotting, pinkish, just for a day. Idk what to make of it :( 

I am going through the same right now. It has been two weeks since I've missed my period. So, I went to my doctor last night because I'm too worried that I maybe pregnant already. My doctor said that what I have is Cystitis, a simple type of UTI that can be cured with antibiotics, when she read the result of my urinalysis. Prior to talking to her, I took a PT and the result was negative so it lessen my worries. I suspected that it could be the UTI that is recurring. True enough after my doctor confirmed it to me. Just to make sure that I am not pregnant she advised me to take another PT when I pee first thing in the morning for 100% accuracy. Yey! The result is still negative but I'm still worried because I don't have my period yet and the month is almost over. I should have it before the end of the month. I am thinking that somehow the UTI itself affected my period because I did not ever missed my period for quiet a long duration. I pray that my bladder and kidneys are intact.

I'm going through the same thing and I'm really scared I'm having cramps but nothings showing this is my 3rd day of cramps. I'm really scared to take the test but I know eventually that I have to ..and I don't really count my period. But last period ended may 11 and its June 12 ??? I'm not sure if my UTI has ended cause I still have mild pain while peeing.

Thankfully I found this website! I've been very worried that I might be pregnant since I am sexually active. I got a bad UTI about three weeks ago and Im one week late for my period. (My period has been regular about 28 days gap)  Besides that, Im having nausea, tender breast and I urinate frequently. It's comforting to know that so many people have been through this and is experiencing to same thing as I am! Right now Im just going to wait for another week for my period to come before taking a PT. I really hope I am not pregnant. 

I am going through the same thing. Im 22.last month i was 14 days late for my period, and i thoight i was pregnant but the test came out negative. And then they told me i had a uti, after i took my antibiotics,i finally got my period, and it lasted 8 days long. But, im 11 days late now. Lol im so tired of this. I doubt im pregnant, but its scaring the c**p out of me just like the last time

yeah.. im too.. im so scrared of this :(

i also experiencng that case can you please answer and help?

I have had this happen your period is late because of the antibiotic

Can someone please help me out please.... The week of Thanksgiving, on the Tuesday I had sex, we both did it with a condom, a week later or so I gotten a UTI infection... I did not went to the doctor because it was not that serious too me. One day I used the bathroom and when I wiped of I was spotting kind of light it was pinkish but that lasted for maybe a couple of hours .. the part where I messed up about this whole thing I cannot remember the last time I had my period, I knew I seen it last month November. . Usually my period get here in the beginning of the month. But as for now December 15th.. there is no show of period .. my breast tends to itch a lot and it is kind of heavy and tender around the nipples ... but other than that I have no kind of pregnancy symptoms. ... if someone is going through this as well please reply back I would love to hear some responses ...

I'm going through the same thing right now. I usually get my period around the 15th of every month. I had a uti in October, and just got over one last week. I went to the doctor for the first one but not for the most recent one, just lots of water and cranberry juice. I'm terrified because I'm only 16, and do not want to be pregnant. Me and my boyfriend always use a condom. I'm completely terrified that I'm pregnant.

hi. it feel so wired, that being a guy i am asking for help in the matter. me and my partner got physical last week. we had protected and unprotected sex, but i made sure not to ejaculate inside so as to avoid any risk. she had her period twice in the last month (one in the starting of the month and second at the end-25th Nov). after that she used to expect her periods during mid of the current month, which is very delay now. she had UTI infection after we made out. she had anti-biotic medicines. now we both are scared what is the cause of delay in periods. is that the UTI infection and medicine that made her hormonal changes and made it delay or something else?? we gonna go for pregnancy test kit just to ensure for our safety. please advice, can the medicines for UTI can cause the delay in periods????