Hi all,

Ive noticed there are a lot of threads on this forum with similar headings and no answers. I have looked at a lot of sites and done some research but all of it hasnt been much help (save a few). hoping to find people with just the burning and really nothing else to find some answers.

got the burning sensation after having a lot of sex (one of those times i was unprotected for half of it) with my girlfriend the day after. she also developed a bad UTI the same day. worried i went to the doctors and he thought it was chlamydia but tested me for both chlamydia and UTI. i was prescribed Trimethoprim (300mg) in the meantime which did nothing in the end. well, urine culture came back and it was negative for both. no bacteria was found in my urine, just some blood (i suspect from the burning). my doctor then labelled it a complicated UTI and took me off them, and onto something stronger - norfloxacin (400mg). these too did nothing and i went back being advised to see her again.

by this time my girlfriends UTI had cleared up. so i suggested to my doc that maybe i have a non-specific urethritis and she put me on doxcycline 100mg. burning did not stop but the inflammation and redness slightly decreased, but it had gotten very itchy. at this time i was also taking a lot of probiotics to help. again, she advised me to revisit if no big change. by this time i had done my own research and suggested a number of things - jock itch/yeast infection, herpes etc, but she said my symptoms were not consistent. she told me to use a anti-fungal cream (celestone .02%) on the outside to help with the itching, redness etc.

and it did, inflammation went down, redness is a lot less now. there was some dry crusty skin that developed (barely noticable) but that was gone. there was also a strange spot, like a tiny hole on the head, not a lump, but that too seems to be clearing. i have finished the doxcycline but i dont think it did anything at all.

opening of urethra red and a little painful, burning when urination
from the opening to the underside of my penis following the urethra tube its red and itchy but the redness is not consistent.
no pain anywhere else.
inflammation of red areas
anus is fine, scrotum is fine.
tiny tiny bit of clear discharge but it came back clean.
in the mornings it feels as if my tip of the opening is sealed a little by the discharge. very annoying

i think its Candida or something like that but next time i see my doctor she will tell me to go to a specialist. anyone else in a similar boat to me?

no replies =( thought id update in case someone needs it. well, everything cleared up. and not long after i started using the cream the burning started to go away as well. might have just been a passing infection. i think perhaps probiotics was key here.

however i still have some itchiness and redness that kind of hurts on the outside following the foreskin line. cream started to do nothing after a while and now trying a anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal.

OMG! I know this post is really old but what you described is exactly what's happening to me. If your out there still did you ever get answers? All my tests are clean too but yet this still persists. I've taken so many antibiotics and nothing is working. I hope someone has answers for me, it's a depressing situation.

You should both research interstitial cystitis. Sounds like the same thing I went through before getting diagnosed last year.

I had the same thing. Cause. PROBIOTCS.