Ok so maybe 3 weeks ago I started having sex with this guy a lot, like multiple times a day. I started the pill when I met him, so we do not use condoms. From the beginning he made me a little sore because he's quite large and I'm very small, but about a week into it I started noticing that my vagina was really itchy and sore around the opening. Each time we had sex it would get worse. I figured that I had gotten a yeast infection from not cleaning myself off properly after sex and then going to bed in very warm conditions. Then, I went to visit my parents for a week (so no sex the whole week). I bought some Monistat 1, used it, and the next day went to the doctor. She didn't do a culture but she told me that it looked yeasty (but i think that was the discharge from the monistat) and prescribed me some medicine for three days. I was also using Monistat cream the whole time. Everything went away except the itch around the opening to my vagina, so I went back to the doctor to get cultures just to make sure there was no yeast or that it was something else, and they came back negative, but I was on my period so I think that may have messed it up. My doctor prescribed me 5 more days of the medicine just to make sure, but that did not really do anything. I continued to use monistat cream. At this point all my symptoms were pretty much gone except for a slight itch around the opening to my vagina. Then, I went back to where I live with my boyfriend, and we had sex three times in a row the first day I got back and once almost every day after that. Immediately after we had sex the first time I got back, my symptoms completely came back, and this time my whole vaginal area, opening, clitoris, and labia were really red, swollen, and itchy. I figured that maybe he had carried the yeast infection and passed it back to me or just re-irritated it and so I bought another Monistat 1, and my doctor prescribed me 5 more days of the same medication at double the dose from before. I also kept using monistat cream, used a Monistat 3, and used some probiotic pills and all that did nothing either.  So, I went to the gynecologist to get tested for STDs (hasn't come back yet, but my boyfriend says he got chlamydia once and cleared it up so I'm kind of worried it didn't get cleared up all the way and he gave it to me), a UTI (clear), and bacterial and fungal infections, and I got a pelvic exam (she looked inside with a speculum and such). She took a swab to test and said that she didn't see any fungus or bacteria, but I was on my period (again!!) and she said that this and the fact that I had taken a Monistat suppository the day before could obscure her from seeing if anything was growing in there. Speaking of which, when I started birth control I was essentially on my period for a month, so I don't know if that has something to do with this.  Anyways, the doctor said that the skin was just really irritated and that I should take baths using aveeno oatmeal bath stuff and use hydrocortisone. I just feel like thats a cop out because she couldn't find anything. I am just so confused!! There's so many options of what this could be... I am worried that it is actually a yeast infection but the tests didn't show anything because I was on my period and had just used monistat the day before both times, and that the medicine didnt work because I drink beer every day and eat mostly starchy/sugary foods (im poor, they're cheap), because i just started birth control and my hormones are all screwed up, because my boyfriend is carrying it and keeps passing it back to me, and/or because I have some crazy f*****g strong strain of yeast... I am also worried that I was originally just irritated from having too much sex (i hadnt had sex for a while before this and never this frequently) and from me and my boyfriend staying in bed all day f*****g and not showering enough (lol) because when i went to my parents for a week it got a lot better, and worried that using all of that yeast infection medicine (multiple rounds of prescription medicine, several suppositories and maybe three small tubes of the cream) and constantly rubbing cream on it, wiping at it, or itching it made it more irritated.  Or, I am worried that my boyfriend did not clear up his chlamydia all the way like he thought and that I have chlamydia. Or that I have something else entirely.  Either way, every time I have sex now it is really painful and it makes my symptoms worse. I just want my vagina to f*****g feel normal!!! What do you guys think it could be? I really thought it was a yeast infection but I used soo much medicine and nothing did anything. What's wrong with me???

Hell Kay nothing is wrong with you he could do it to roughly and you have to get use to his size and by him doing it to hard cause that's and itching could cause if you have hair down there or sperm just sitting on there but you say your doctors says nothing wrong then its more than likely nothing ... Wishes you the best on this hope everythings fine

hey did you find out what it was ? Because i am in the same EXACT situation now. The onlyyy thing thats different with my situation is that i only just started using monistat. only medicine i just started using.

Sounds like it could be an allergic reaction to something- maybe monistat or even condoms.

Hi! This happened to me with my ex...as it turns out, I was allergic to his sperm...my doc ran tests of his sperm on me and yep that's what it was...sorry girl...try using a condom and see if it helps.

Yet one more reason to use condoms.

If your with the same partner for a long time...condoms suck...lets be honest. I think it's a general consensus that vaginal skin is extremely thin and can be irritated easily even when you think there is enough lubricant naturally or artificially. Maybe tell your partner about it if you feel comfortable enough doing so and try using different artificial lube to decrease the friction. If your doctor can't find anything wrong, regardless of multiple uses of Monistat and other antibiotics, try just changing up how you have sex (less friction, slower sex)...see if that works. Alsooooo... maybe stop taking any medicine and go in when your not on your period to get a full examination of down under.

Good luck!

You have Chlamydia. Hands down. 

ps- get a urine test. not everything shows up in a swab - take it from me, this all sounds way too familiar.

hey, I know exactly what you mean! every time I get a new sexual partner I get this problem. I started sleeping with a guy 5 weeks ago and from the first time we had sex I didn't feel quite right down then. It started as a minor burning when I urinated so I took antibiotics for a urine infection which ive had before...my symptoms went and a week later we had sex and it happened again! I got thrush treatment thinking it was that, and it felt fine for like a day after I used the suppository then it came back but ten times worse. I went to my sexual health clinic and got tested for sti's, and had an internal examination. He said it looked like vaginosus bacterium, so he gave me antbiotics for that. After a full week of them and no sex I felt normal again. then we had sex and I felt fine, we had sex the next day and a few hours later I started to feel it. Within half an hour it was burning and itching and felt like I needed a wee I could not sit still! I just rang the clinic again for another appointment but its just so painful and irritating that I cant just have sex without side effects! I also had my period after the antibiotics for the urine infection before the thrush treatment and while I was on my period I felt fine, that's how I knew it wasn't a urine infection. Ive got some antifungal cream which they gave me when they treated me for vaginosus bacterium and am just applying that, and it does kind of ease it after a few hours, but its still uncomfortable and I still cant have sex. My partner got checked for sti's 4 weeks before we met and he had the all clear. I thought maybe I just need to get to his flora because its a new partner but its been 5 weeks now, they told me to stop having baths so I did, but its still happening....I feel your frustration

you should better stay off from havin intercourse for sometime and get the things cleared up before it gets too late and moreover ask your boyfriend to get himself tested for the infection he thought he got cleared off. Anyways its you who have to take care of yourself.

omg I'm feeling the same exact way. everything you said basically how I am feeling right now. I'm tired of the irritations I'm tired of the itching. I walk around with a bag of ice down there just to relieve the pain.I talked to my boyfriend about it as well and suggested he get tested. I was tested the last time I got my last episode of this itchy yelast infections and nothing came back? we have never used condoms and we have rough sex, it's been a few months since we had sex and now here it is again all over again.... ever since I've been with him I have had weird odors, constant discharge, yea s t infection etc..... he says all girls have discharge and odors.....???? is this true???

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE!

We always use condoms, but the sex this time was rougher than usual because I wasn't naturally lubricated and we didn't have lube on hand. 

At first it felt like the normal throbbing from a battered vagina, but then the itching. I got tested for EVERYTHING under the sun. From chlamydia to herpes to HIV, and nothing. Yeast infection creams aren't working. I'm starting to think I'm allergic to the condoms. 

I'm going to wait until this clears up and have sex again using a non-latex condom and see if that helps. I hope that's it, because this is incredibly frustrating. 

OH MY GOD. story of my god damn life. every time i have sex with my boyfriend, i get itchy. and i go to my doctor every time. and i think that it's yeast. it has been yeast a few times, maybe once or twice. but the other times, nothing! the doctor has no idea what it could be from. seriously if someone finds a cure for this sh*t, i'd be so happy. try using vagisil. it takes away the itch and it's amazing. like so amazing. i know thats only a temporary fix but that'll get you through the dreadful itch. try boric acid tablets. i'm using that right now. it maintains the ph in the vagina and that might work for you. and also try acidophilus, which i'm also trying. it restores the good bacteria in your body which may be lacking down there. good luck and let me know if you get any results!

Hey ladies. I can so relate to all of these symptoms. I have been with my husband for 12 years and I suddenly got these symptoms last year after a particularly roughsession. After a month of various thrush treatments I went to my dr who diagnosed a type of dermatitis. I now use a high strength cortisone ointment for a few days only when the symptoms appear, no soap or perfumed product s and I'm ok. Dr said it is a lifetime chronic condition but manageable.

I have been with my husband for 10 years now. He was out of town on business a few months ago. When he can back we had an amazing night in bed. I work up the next morning burning and hurting terribly!! Turns out I had a bacterial infection. that I was able to take antibiotics for. It went away but I think my husband had it to and we ended up passing it back a forth a couple times. I was treated 3 times for it but he never got treatment. Most of this time it felt like i had a UTI because of the painful urinating etc. I get UTI's maybe once a year so I keep Cystex on hand (its OTC meds that have a small amount of antibiotic in it) I used the Cystex several times over the last couple months. All of the symptoms went away last month. My husband was also cleared up. Then, one week ago (the day after we had sex) I started having the burning feeling around my vulva again. My urine also smelled terrible. Turn some Cystex then went to the doc. He said I had a yeast infection (first one ever) and gave me a diflucan. It helped alittle but I still had the burning feeling so I used Monistat 3 for 3 days. That helped alittle but I still have some burning so I called the doc back and she called me in another suppository (something that starts with a T). I started that last night but still have a mild burning feeling down there. After reading so many posts I'm scared that it won't go away at all.I'm also scared to have sex with my husband because it might make it worse. Do yeast infections last this long? How long after I'm done with the meds does the burning usually stop? This is very frustrating because it is uncomfortable. My husband is also a sex hungry guy and this has put a major damper on our relationship........I've been fighting this c**p for 4 months now and all I do at night when I can't sleep is pray for God to heal my body cause I can't take much more.