I've been treated for a urinary tract infection, was on meds just in case it was herpes, had a Pap smear and been treated for a yeast infection. This simply won't be cured! It hurts during intercourse, so I've been deprived of that. It burns all the time, itches every once in awhile and is sore like I'm on my period - when I'm not. Its very very red and swollen, but it doesn't LOOK any different (ie: sores or such) So what do I do? Its ruining my life and no doctor yet has a CLUE what to do with me! :.(

I've got the exact same symptoms, had a urinary infection, had that treated and then was treated for a yeast infection....did you ever find out what was the matter with you?

I'm in so much pain! Red and swollen and itchy and sore! and also deprived of intercourse :-(

Please help me!

xx

try searching vulvodynia... see if that seems to be what you might have.. there are some self-helps for that or you can mention it to your doctor (if they dont know what it is, find one who does). You might want to try a low oxalate/mild diet for starters.

Did you ever find out what it is? The same thing is happening to me right now. I had a UTI-treated for it---no yeast infection...my vagina lips, clitoris are SO sore, there are some sores, but not blisters, it burns when I urinate & it itches. My DR gave me valtrex for herpes, even though I was just tested for everything and everything was NEGATIVE. I am literally going insane....it has been over a week. I am waiting for a culture back on Tuesday. Any ideas of what this could be?

What you are describing sounds like a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder like I have. I have had this for over 5 years. It affects you and your relationship greatly. Been treated for thrush numerous times, tried different soap powders / cotton undies / change in diet / lots of water to drink / rest / tests/ biopsies....... you name it...... Pain got so back I spent the day in Accident and Emergency and refused to leave until a doctor examined me. He was horrified at the burn like inflammatory condition I had. Trialled me on prednisone and now I have my life back and am mainly pain free!!!
Managed on a low dose 2-3 mg a day.

EAT ACTIVA YOGURT!!!! I SWEAR BY IT

what is the name of the autoimmune disorder? I have this also. Spent 3 months last summer with various treatments and finally prednisolone dose pack was the only cure. I had it again a few weeks ago, treated it and now it's back again (after sex). I've searched the web and cannot find any information. My Ob/GYN is not sure. Said it may be autoimmune. Please advise the name of the autoimmune syndrome.

I too had this for about a year.. and finally got some relief. it was finally diagnosed as vulvodynia or chronic inflamtion of the vulva.
whenever a painful attack was coming on , I took phenazoprydine... (same drug that helps symptoms of UTI)
and it took care of the inflammation. it would come back, but if i took a pill right away, it was manageable and over time it has went away.
i was tested for everything.. UTI, yeast infections and everything else. i got into see a specialist.. and she was great.

Wow this just helped me a lot. I am almost 17 and have been having the same problems for about 2months now and it has really put a damper on my life. I can't seem to do much because I don't know when I'll get the pain or burning or itching. I have been on all kinds of medicine, been in and out of the hospital and doctors all summer and nothing has worked. They said they have no idea what is wrong with me. I have even tried changing my diet. I looked up vulvodynia and I believe that is what I have. Now the only problem is I gotta find some way to tell my mom and get her to set me up an appointment at the doctors. Its kind of embarrassing to talk about with her but its gotta be done.

This is an interesting site. i hard chronic bladder inflections follow my anitboctics with thrush, this contined for probably 8 months, doctor after doctor after specialist... no one hard any answer's for me ! So far this has greatly affected my life. Now this was 4 years ago, in that time i no longer go on antibotics, ive isloted myself from others... i smoke pot daily, on anitdepressed and basically numb myself not being able to solve this embassing problem of extremely sensitive vagina, itchy and uncomfortable, burning and most often always feeling like i have a slight or worsening bladder inflection.
Clearly i cant cope with this, no one understands or supports me, i feel very lonely and lost !! Thanks for this imfortation ive read, to everyone on here. Gives me some hope... someone must have some answers..
Ive found inserting vitamin E capslues releaves the painful annoying itch .. does anyone else out there have any remedies i can try, surly after all this time you would think my body would heal it's self ... ive stayed away from sexual relationships, wearing tight clothes and drinking alcohol.

You should check out -- they are a tremendous resource. For the 17 year old --please do tell your mom and show here the nva site -- there is help there for you. Good luck. You are not alone

You guys just made my day. I understand all of you ladies, ive been going through the same thing for almost 4 months! its horrible! Okay so I went to the doctor in mid September, because i was experiencing a uncomfortable pain in my vagina. The doctor said I had Vaginitis, and recommended I buy the cream for it. It seemed to relieve the pain, but after about 1 week, I knew i had a UTI (Bladder infection) I went back to the doctor, and i tested positive for a UTI. My doctor prescribed me an antibiotic called Sulfameth160MG for 5 days. I still felt pain after the 5th day and called my doctor. He called in a 10 day prescription of the same medicine. I took that, and after the 10th day, i was still feeling symptoms of a bladder infection. So, i went back to the doctor, and he prescribed me another 10 day antibiotic called Cipro 500MG. I took a total of 25 days straight on antibiotics, and i still didn't feel well. I went back to the doctor, and he said i didn't have obvious signs of a yeast infection, but he has known people who just feel the pain. So, i took the 3 day treatment of Monistat, and I was still feeling horrible. I literally couldn't move. I felt like someone was pouring acid on my vagina. I went to a different doctor, i got a pap smear, and all the works, and she said i must have a bacterial infection. So i got a Vaginal Gel treatment for 8 days, and it still did not work. I thought i had another yeast infection so i treated myself again, 3 day treatment Monistat. And i still felt the same. This pain comes and goes throughout the day. I am a complete mess. Crying and frustrated. So i went on the internet and looked up things that it could possibly be. I ran into a couple of my symptoms and wrote them down. I saw a different doctor again, and read to her the different diagnoses. I don't think it was a good idea to diagnose myself, because she agreed with what i wrote, without even testing me. It is vulvodynia" She had me on all sorts of medications, that made me wwooozzyyy and unstable. I still was not feeling well, so i called the gynecologist and got an appointment the same day. She said all the medication the doctors put me on in the beginning was a resort for my pain. She said, "antibiotics don't have brains and just eat everything." She also said, that i tested negative for a bladder infection after the first FIVE days of my UTI back in SEPTEMBeR, which means the doctor was giving me 20 days of extra antibiotics i didnt need!! Shes convinced that the antibiotics wiped out everything in my vagina, and thats why im in pain. Ive been on a treatment for 9 days with Fluconzole, today is my last day. And im still feeling horrible! I cry everyday, i cant leave the house, i cant wear pants without being in pain, and i am just so frustrated with everything. I need help. :-( Ive been to the doctor too many times, i am a full time student in college, and ive already spent over 2 grand on doctor visits and medicine.. :-(

Has anyone found relief? I am 54 and have not had a period in a year so I am menopausal. Mine started a little over a year ago, about the time my periods stopped. I have it all - itching, burning, red, swelling. It hurts really bad. I have been to the gynecologist at least 3 times and gotten different creams but they don't seem to help. I'm starting a Prednisone pack soon, hopefully that will help. I thought maybe mine stemmed from dryness since I am older, I don't know.

:-( i have the same symptoms..i cant understand how anyone can deal with this!I need help!!

I also have these extreamly and burning sensations around my vagina.
I used to get it every day, my doc ran all the normal tests which came back negative.
Then decided that it was due to low oestrogen that I am itching so badly in that area.
I have since been using a form of HRT called Ovestin which is rubbed over the area twice daily, after a few days the itching goes away and I am sweet until next time again. Same thing happened while i was breastfeeding my first child, and when i weaned him i was free of the itching.