A few days to a week after I ovulate, I get overwhelmed with my inner labia being swollen, itchy, burning, cracked skin, but no discharge. At my last pap, everything was normal. I do not use condoms during intercourse, because I am in a long-term/married. It happened about 6 months ago, and then went away when I used a hydro cream. When I got it again a few months ago, I used the same cream and it did not help.

Any ideas? It makes it hard to move around normally, and times I just wanna cry!

The same thing happens to me almost every month after my period. I usually begin itching very badly, and then begin to burn and my vaginal area usually gets irritated. My paps are always normal and I never have any discharge with the itching. I thought it could be a yeast infection, but I dont have any symptoms that go along with a yeast infection, but what I do is usually take the AZO yeast pill found over the counter and it usually helps with the itching, and burning feeling after a week or so. I have taken the medication everday for the last 6 months and as soon as I stop taking the pill, the symptoms usually reoccur within a few days. My doctor suggested I take the pill and get off of it if I feel better but when I do that, the problem begins all over again. I dont know what causes this itching and burning after the period but it's something that I've just learn to deal with. Hope this helps.

i have the same problem... it feels really itchy and burning, irritated like you know when you have really dry skin and it cracks.. it feels kinda like that at times.. but no discharge or nething.. i thought maybe it was the soap or something but changing it hasnt seemed to help... if u figure it out please tell me...

I use to have the same problem. I was told the it was the actual blood that was irritating the skin. I began avoiding sanitary napkins and it really helped. I no longer cyle and the problem has dissappeared as well.

I have the itching and burning all month, not just after my period, and I also have swollen inner labia, I have been very much more sexually active as I have a new partner but I have never experienced this. There is no discharge or different scent, I have recently been tested so I know its not an STD, if you have any knowledge please let me know, thanks!

Change the brand of pads you are using. I found once I used a certain kind, I got the itch.

i also have a swollen labia, its more lower though and its really freaking me out. its kinda painful and burns and itches. I'm really sexually active but with only one partner, and its been about 8 months and this is the first time this has ever happened. i've always used the same brand of pads and i've been off my period for about a week now, i don't use condoms and we both have gotton tested for stds. i read on other posts that it could be a Bartholin's cyst or something. any other advice?

Girls, do I have to scream! Look at my post please. You might be suffering from a PH imbalance. Doctors call it Vulvadynia. It can cause burning, itching, stinging, cracked skin, anal burning. It usually gets worse with sex and before your period. It's related to being too acidic. Look at my post entitled "Fot those of you with burning vagina" It will explain it in more detail. Please girls the answer might be right in front of your noses. Laura

Please check out the following website. I have Lichen sclerosis - it is treatable and you will get better if this is what you have. Please call a good gyn, suggest that this may be what you are suffering with and read the files at this sight.
Good luck, hope this helps,
H

**edited by moderator**

Omg i have the same problem only i dunno if its a crack or a sore, also when i urinate it burns the affected area. I had a pap when this first started and it came back normal. it only comes when I'm about to start my period. I am married and we have only been with one another but it still worries me to have sex just in case it is contagious. it usually disappears after my period. PLEASE HELP ME!!! it itches and burns when i urinate just give you an example. :!:

%-) I am certainly glad to find out that I am not the only person who suffers from these symtpons. All of the information was most helpful. I will continue to research the things that were advised and also make a trip to my gyno.

--ss26

look up bacterial vaginosis.... probably is what most people in here have... kind of acts like a yeast infection but normal yeast cures will not cure it.

Those are also the symptoms of genital herpes. Many women with genital herpes have flare-ups after their period because it affects their immune systems. I have genital herpes and I dont get actual lesions but I get swelling, redness, itching and sometimes cracks in the skin every month after my period. Std screenings do NOT test for herpes unless you specifically ask for it. When they say "everything", they are not including herpes in that. Just a thought...

I have the same problem. each month right after my period i get an itchy, red vulva (right at the entrance of my vagina). i first time used medication to treat thrush. it helped but i think it cant be it each month. i find that especially at the end its uncomfortable to use a tampon since it seems to dry me out a lot. i also know it cant be a Sexucal transmitted desease since me and my partner had our first times together and still only have sex together.

I have a similiar problem.
ive noticed that i start to feel itchy, then sometimes when i pee it burns but usually only if i scratch it.
I dont know what its coming from but i was told its not a yeast infection or anything and possibly an allergic reaction to something.
I am now noticing every time the toilet paper brand changes, i get itchy .....