Hi, folks. My wife has been diagnosed with celiac disease. We are still newlyweds and still don’t have kids. I would like to find out if this disease can cause infertility or not. I have read that these two entities can be associated. Can someone explain me this? I would appreciate it.

celiac is assocaited with infertility. I had 5 misscarriages. But with a new gluten free diet her body should be able to repair some damage done. Remember gluten is hidden everywhere. in sauces, artifical flavorings, etc .Infert is caused because the body couldnt absorb the nutrients that it needs because it was allergic to gluten, which is in everything. Your body doesnt have enough nutrients to support a baby. but like I said a new gluten free diet will help rebuild calcium, iron ,etc that maybe she was lacking before.