Hi, I am a mother of a teenage boy who has just been diagnosed with a celiac disease. We have informed ourselves well about what he can and cannot eat and hopefully, he will start to feel better soon. The problem is in the cure. Is there any definite cure for celiac disease? I have heard there isn’t but I just can’t and won’t believe it.

Well, unfortunately, that is the current diagnose for that condition. No definite cure, only ways to avoid complications and that include avoiding food that has gluten in it. At least, with that type of diet, he will have a normal life, he just has to be cautious about what he eats and that’s all. And hopefully, in some near future, the cure will be found.

I am allergic to gluten and I gotta tell you, it's no fun but it's not too horrible either.

There is a vast array of grain types and you have to eliminate ONE. You can make flour out of rice, spelt, buckwheat, quinoa, potatoes, and the list goes on and on. Granted, wheat flour is everywhere and probably tastes the best, but the alternatives can be quite delicious, as well.

A definite advantage is that it virtually eliminates the excitement of going to Burger King and other junk food joints and forces you to eat food from the specialty section of the grocery store, which is often organic and better for you.

All we can really do is deal with it and enjoy the benefits.