My son is two years old. He has celiac disease. This disease is very difficult for me. He can’t use any product with wheat. What kind of disease is? Why he can’t eat some grain food?

Hi! My son also has this disease. I understand why this difficult for you. You will quickly learn what foods contain gluten. Celiac disease, adult celiac disease, gluten enteropathy is a defect in the chemistry of food breakdown that is present from birth. A patient with this defect cannot digest the gluten of some grain foods. The disease affects adults and young children, who may suffer from a swollen belly, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle wasting, and extreme fatigue. A symptom is a pale, foul-smelling stool that floats on water due to its high fat content. Most patients do well with a high-protein, high-calorie, gluten-free diet. Rice and corn are good in place of wheat. Any vitamin or mineral shortage can be helped with vitamin pills.