Can you please tell if gluten free diet is the only solution for celiac sprue disease or there are some meds that can fix his condition? I will appreciate any help.

Celiac (sprue) disease is a digestive disease that damages the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food. People who have this disease cannot tolerate a protein called gluten so the only treatment for it is to follow a gluten-free diet. I have a friend on a gluten free diet and that means he is not eating foods that contain wheat (including spelt, triticale, and kamut), rye, and barley and products made from these grains are also not allowed. People with celiac disease can use potato, rice, soy, amaranth, quinoa, buckwheat, or bean flour instead of wheat flour and they can buy gluten-free bread, pasta, and other products from stores that carry organic foods, or order products from special food companies.