a month or so ago, i believe the 31st of april, my boyfriend and i were having sex when he noticed the condom had broken.
he had not ejaculated yet, and had not ejaculated within the past 24 hours. we were only going at it with the broken condom for, presumably, a minute or so. (it wasn't broken before we changed positions.)
still convinced that pregnancy was a possibility, i called my doctor's office right away and ordered plan-b one step. i picked it up the very next morning as soon as the pharmacy opened, less than 24 hours before the broken condom.
a little more than a week later, i had my period.
the period only last for about 5 days, but that could be because i started my first packet of birth control on the 4th day of my period, a sunday.
i have NEVER used any hormonal contraceptive before. no vaginal ring, no pill, no patch, no shot. this was my first. ever.
about a week and a half into the pill, last thursday, i started having a brown-tinted discharge. i thought "maybe, it only looks dark because my panty fabric is so light."
the brown discharge continued, and worsened, then started turning a reddish color.
my first suspicion was implantation bleeding.
but, i've been bleeding for 8 days now. the blood alternates between fresh red blood with blood clots, stringy brownish blood, and gunky black. . .stuff. it is very light though, and well controlled with only a pantiliner.
in addition, my breasts are very sore and i've been having intermittent diarrhea.

do i have legitimate reasons to fear pregnancy, or is this normal when first starting birth control?

(sorry for the long winded-ness.)

Hi honey! I doubt VERY much that you are pregnant! As the Plan B is 99% effective! So When you first go on BCP the combination of hormones can make you REALLY wonky for awhile! most doctors will tell you to wait about 3 months for it to settle down! Start carrying protection with you - for the just in cases OK? You have had a period and this is DEFINITELY NOT implantation bleeding so don't worry OK? Good luck and health - hope this helps!

thank you very much. i was pretty sure i wasn't, but i guess it could never hurt to ask an outside source.
even if i was pregnant, i'd assume that bleeding for 9 days straight was a bad indication, lmao.

So I took the pill for like two weeks I started last month on the 17 which was also the being of my period, an the month I had a very light period to where I couldn't use tampons it is now the 24 an I am still cramping but no bleed in so am I pregnant also I took a hpt an it was negative.