My boyfriend and I have been having sex regularly, and the past few times we haven't used a condom.
I was supposed to start my period sometime this past week, and I noticed that I had some brown discharge.
At first it looked like blood, so I thought I had just started my period, but after about day it stopped.
I've been reading into implantation bleeding and read that a brown discharge is normal in an early pregnancy.
If a discharge only lasted for a day, instead of 3-4 like my normal period, should I be concerned about being pregnant?

well u could be pregnant.. this could be implantation bleeding or it could be old bloob that ur body is just now releasing.. are u having any other symptoms? wait about a week after ur missed period and take a HPT(home pregnancy test).. if ur not comfortable with the result consult a medical professional.. GOOD LUCK.

Is it normal for the body to release blood from the last period that late?

I'm not exactly when my period was supposed to be, I had marked it as sometime this past week or early this week, so I was going to wait till about this Friday.

What are some other symptoms?

im so sorry that it took me so long to get back to u.. i wasnt checking my email... if u dont have ur question ansered yet.. then u can reply back and i will answer.. again very sorry...