I'm very worried here. My girlfriend and I have always used condoms from day 1 of having sex. However, her period she believes started on Oct. 5, 2006 and we had sex on the 18th of Oct. and for the first time, the condom broke. After we finished having sex, we noticed the broken condom and started to panic. She said she felt very wet while we were having sex, and she noticed that she was bleeding. She came back about 15 minutes later and told me that she had bled the most that she'd ever bled in her life and it was scaring her. The next morning, she said she was bleeding the same way as the night before, and then, the day after that, she said the bleeding stopped completely. It has now been 2 days since the condom broke and I ejaculated inside her. We had sex on the 19th as well and used spermicide (just in case) just to see if she would bleed again, and she did not. Even today, she explained that her body was completly normal and there was nothing unusual going on. According to the things I've read, she ovulated on the night the condom broke, and I hear that sperm can live up to a week and the egg up to 48 hours. Well, the end of the 48 hours is drawing very near, and we're both hoping for the best. I plan on getting the Plan B Morning After Pill tomorrow as soon as I can. Could my girlfriend now be 2 days pregnant, or pregnancy on the way?

In addition, my girlfriend is under alot of stress from breaking her iPod, because her parents would kill her if they found out, and she plays soccer and she excercises excessively almost every day. She said the bleeding was not light, but rather very heavy and excessive. And all of this on the day she was supposed to release the egg and with the condom breaking, put her under even more stress. We are both very confused.

this Bleeding from sex wouldnt be a result of conception just yet! conception doesnt happen immediately as some people think, it takes a few days for the sperm and egg to join and for the egg to implant into the wall of the womb (about 10/16 days on average) my guess is it could have been the hymen being ruptured, the hymen doesnt break the first time you ever have sex, sometimes you could be having sex for months before it happens, it would certainly explain the sudden onset of bleeding. I would ask the doctor about it tommorrow when you go and get the pill. (it can be taken up to 72 hours after sex, not 48! but it does get less effctive the longer you leave it)

after taking the emergency contraceptive pill, there isnt much else you can do exept wait for her next period to arrive, and see if its late/missed/unusually light.

and to be sure, i would advise taking a pregnancy test after her period is due too.

also its great you are using protection and getting the morning after pill, you see so many reckless people on this forum putting themselves at the risk of pregnancy, but you two are being sensible, so im hoping everything works out for you fine!