I am not on birth control and not using condoms ... My last period ended july 6th and my husband ejaculated in me on july 20th ... but today july 22nd I had some light bleeding. Could this just be an early period or is it possible that implantation bleeding happens a day after sex??

Implantation takes between 6-14 days, so for it to happen so soon is less likely...

IF you are trying to have a baby, then all you can really do is wait it out.

IF NOT then you can get the morning after pill up to 5 days after unprotected sex, which prevents pregnancy.

Absolutely not. 

Implantation spotting, if it happens at all, takes place between seven and 12 days after conception. That is how long it takes for a newly fertilized egg to travel down to the uterus and implant, which is what sometimes causes an implantation spotting. 

Bleeding so soon after sex could be an ovulation bleeding, a bleeding from really vigorous sex during which your cervix was injured just a little, or a hormonal imbalance. It could also be an infection. If you are worried, see your doctor. If your menstrual cycles are irregular, it could also be an early period though. 

the morning after pill can only be used up to 72 hours after and the the bleeding can occur from 5 days after intercourse

Hey there skeeter,

no, it's not possible for the implantation bleeding to happen just one day after the unprotected sex. It's not even possible for you to conceive this fast - conception does not happen immediately after the ejaculation, but it can take up to few days for it to happen. Not to mention that you most likely were not ovulating this soon  after your period.

This doesn't mean that you can't get pregnant from this sex, sperm can survive for a few days and you might ovulate early, but this just means that the bleeding you experienced was not the implantation bleeding.

Actually this could be likely. i say this because the same thing happened to me. i had implantation bleeding two days after ejaculation.. and a baby was born nine months later. and she would have been in a very likely ovulation time.

Even though medical experts say that implantation cannot happen until at least 3 days after intercourse (and usually 6-12 days afterward) it is possible. I have 3 children. With every one of them I had implantation cramps 1-3 days after intercourse that lasted about  a day. With one of them I had full blown pregnancy symptoms by the end of that first week. Professionals can give you the "average" results, but each person (and each pregnancy) is different. If you are in tune with your body you usually know what is going on with it. It is possible to have implantation as early as the next day.

Thank you,Jennifer I appreciate your comment it was very,helpful.

I also got implantation brown jelly discharge a day after sex and yes I was pregnant so don't listen to everything u read

I had sex a day or two ago and I'm having this pain and spotting. This helps because I know I'm pregnant but I just wanna make sure

I believe that's exactly what happened to me. I had sex then two days later I wiped a tinge of blood and because I wasn't aware I could even get pregnant at 45 I just thought oh good, my period is coming. Well it never came and I was pregnant.

Hello I had sex yesterday an I'm having light pink water bleeding

I had my period at the beginning of the month for 7 days and I had sex and he came in me and the next day I started bleeding for 3 days but it had only been 11 days since my period ended. Could I be pregnant? I'm trying to get pregnant.

I agree! I had cramping a day after I conceived!