I have first toe very visible longer then other fingers on my right foot. This has been my complex since puberty and I am thinking about kellers operation, meaning toe shortening. I am wondering what possible complications are, connected to anthroplasty.
Thanks in advance!!!

Hello!
There are few operations connected to this procedure. First is the weight bearing capacity and stability ... the length of feel (also toes) is connected to your high, so shortening your toes could make you more unbalanced. I know this might sound funny, but that is the way it is... the weigh is also distributed through length of feet.
So, consequently your motion could be disabled ... not totally, but could be “damaged”.
I read somewhere this could also cause hammer toe deformity.
I hope this information was helpful and you will rethink your decision.

Your toes won't be able to bend anymore. So be careful.

I had toe surgery and not only do my toes not bend or touch the floor, even one year later, but the scarring is embarrasing. I was better off before.