I am scheduled to have hammertoe surgery on my (4th) toe on the right foot in a couple of weeks and they will be placing a pin in my toe as well as shortening the toe itself. My situation is somewhat differnt because a heavy object fell on my foot and damaged that toe to become a hammertoe affect.

My concern is if there is anyone who has had this surgery and was able to continue wearing high heels. I do not expect to wear them anytime soon after surgery or therefore, for a few months. I am in the fashion business and I am required to wear high heels and don't have any problem with wearing them at all. But was wondering if this is going to effect my future in wearing high heels again.

Thanks,

Hi, I understand you had your surgery last year, just wanted to find out if you was able to wear high heels again. And if so how long was it until you was able to wear them? I'm scheduled for my 2nd surgery on Apr 24th. I had tendon transfer surgery that went wrong last year, and now they are going to put pins in :( I'm wearing heels (just about) after the 1st surgery and just want to know if its worth having the corrective surgery.
Thanks,

Hello, I have had a bunion removal and hammer toe surgery on my left foot and im pleased to say ghe bunion surgery came out great but my toes dont bend. I am looking to see if its possible getting some sort of joints back in my toes. they hurt without the joints. Their stiff and fragile. Its been about 7 years since my surgery. Im 22. Any info id really much appreciate it.