I have heard for many different diseases of pancreas during my life. However, I have friend who complain about pancreatic cyst. I have never heard cyst could form in pancreas, so I am confused. Could you tell me if that is possible to happen did anyone experience it? I want to hear what actually pancreatic cyst is.

Pancreatic cysts are fluid-filled sacs that form in the pancreas, and about 90 percent of pancreatic cysts are false cysts. These pancreatic cysts are not true cysts because they are lined with scar tissue from inflammation, instead of pancreatic cells. The most common cause is inflammation of the pancreas, and important is to say that false cysts are non-cancerous. Pancreatic pseudo cysts usually cause few if any symptoms and they are often found incidentally. It is the most commonly found on an imaging study of the pancreas after or about of pancreatitis. These false pancreatic cysts typically go away without treatment, which is why you have never heard for it before. Sometimes they may grow large enough to require draining, as it could be case with your friend. Rarely, a pseudo cyst may become infected and even rupture or bleed. In this case, also further treatment is needed and required. Other less common types of pancreatic cysts include cysts that occur within tumors, known as cystic tumors. These kind of pancreatic cysts are typically non-cancerous, but still it may require surgical removal.