Hi

I want to know if in any circumstance is it required to remove a kidney because of a stone in it ? My father is in a small town in India and a doctor diagnosed kidney stone and after all modern tests said that they may need to remove kidney. I was really shocked to know this as I have never heard of something like this before.
This surprise me more because in India there is BIG money in kidney transplant and doctors steal kidney from healthy human bodies , specially people who are innocent and uneducated and blindly trust a doctor and then the doctors sell those kidneys to who ever needs it for around $5000.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW if a stone that so far had not caused any pain and in reports looks like a 1mm dot can harm kidney to such extent that the kidney needs to be removed ? Please tell me so I can save my father and others if it is suspicious.

Thank you all who read it and replied to this post.
God Bless You

Personally I had stone bigger than 1 mm , if no pain and stone does not affect daily activitist, just keep it in your kidney, no need to remove the kidney at all.

NO WAY!!  I have had kidney stones all my life.'

40 years ago I had major surgery to remove them as I was under constant pain and they wouldn't pass.

I have more now that pass about once a year.  Major surgery doesn't even happen  anymore with kidney stones.

You can have them broken up with ultrasound.    Your dad's doctor is a quack and out for big money!!!  Send him home!

Removal of the kidner depends totally on the overall shape/health/function level of the kidney.

personally - i have a large stone and will probably need to have the whole kidney removed, but only because it overall doesnt look too healthy.

so having a stone alone will not neccessitate a remove of the whole organ, onyl a removal/passing of the stone