Hi! Few days I have dull ache pain, and decreased urine output. I think that I probably have kidney stone. Do you think that I have kidney stone? Is there any treatment for kidney stones?

Hi! Kidney stones generally do not cause symptoms unless they cause bleeding, a blockage, or an infection. A blockage typically causes pain, ranging from a dull ache to excruciating pain and possibly decreased urine output. I think same as you, you probably have kidney stone. During an uncomplicated acute attack, many people need only pain and nausea medications and lots of fluid. Most kidney stones will pass on their own if they are small enough. The treatment of choice when they don’t pass is to use extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy to blast them into smaller bits. If that doesn’t work, an urologist may have to remove them.