Hi, folks. I have read somewhere that osteoporosis and kifosis are often associated. I would like to know something more about this. Are those two disorders complementing each other? What do you think about this? I would appreciate all your replies about this. Thanks for replying to my post. Bye, guys!

Hello. Many diseases can be risk factors for kyphosis. Maybe osteoporosis is one of the most common for adults. Osteoporosis alters the bone. It also applies to vertebrae – small bones that make spine. When they are altered, they can easily bend forward. In these cases, kyphosis appears. Even some discus fractures are possible. You can consult an expert for more details. This is all I could tell you. Bye!

Howdy, folks. You can say that osteoporosis and kyphosis are complementing each other. Osteoporosis can be one of the causes for kyphosis. My friend has both of these disorders. First, osteoporosis started. This process altered her vertebrae. At the end, her spine was bended forward more than it is normal. I hear that there is physiological kyphosis if it is smaller than 40%. I hope this helps. Bye!