Hi, there. My kid has been complaining that his hip has been hurting him. As far as I know, he hasn’t injured it. I wonder what the reasons are for hip pain in children. Can anyone help me with this? I will appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you in advance for replying to my post.

Hi, there. There are various reasons for hip pain in children. I’ll try to name some of them. Osteomyelitis is the first thing that occurs to me. Septic hip joint and toxic synovitis are also possible. I would also mention: osteoid osteoma, Perthes disease, rheumatologic factors, trauma, etc. There is even possibility of functional hip pain. I hope this helps. In any case, you should take your kid to the doctor. I hope I’ve helped.

Hello, everyone. I agree with the previous post. There are various causes of hip pain within children. We can guess which one belongs to your kid. Instead of doing that, you should take him to the doctor. There, he will be examined and tested. This will help in diagnosing the problem. After that, a proper treatment will be ordered. I hope this helps. Bye!