Hi, I am very concerned. Every day I hear about people being mugged. Close friend of mine experienced it. That was a drop in the glass full of water for me. I am determined to get trained to protect myself. After some researches, I find krav maga self defense best for me. What do you think?

Hi, I think it is awful what happens to people like what has happened to your friend. I can understand why you are so concerned. The thing you want to do is the right one. It can benefit you in more then one way. I should not even mention that learning the self defense techniques can even save your life. Krav maga is the self defense and military hand to hand combat system. It was developed in Israel. The translation of it is "close combat". At first it was used only by the military. Later, the civilians were also able to "use" it but the lethal parts of krav maga were expelled. I recommend you to start training krav maga, but sincerely hope that you will not have to use it.