While deployed to Afghanistan I suffered the following injuries: 3 lisfranc fractures in the 2nd 3rd and 4th metatarsals, a fracture in the 4th metatarsal shaft and a torn ligament and broken bone in my ankle. Now due to incompetent military medicine I was allowed to WALK on this foot for over a month. They only saw the fracture in the shaft of the 4th metatarsal on my X-ray so they said it would heal up in a few weeks and I would go back to the fight. Well here we sit almost 2 years later and Im so sick of the arthritis pain they want to do a fusion on all 3 lisfrancs, the one in my ankle and cut and stretch the ligament in my ankle. This seems long and painful to me and i am honestly wondering if maybe amputating it would just be better. If anyone reading this could offer some insight i would greatly appreciate it. thanks for reading

Irvin,

I praise you for your patriotism, duty, and sacrifice. There are many Americans, myself included, who know of, respect, and honor your heroism against our enemy.

Sir, why are you considering amputation of your foot? Yes, recovery and rehabilitation is difficult, but you can do it! You have shown your strength and are an inspiration. If an American soldier loses a limb in battle, then that is a badge of honor to God and country. But you have not lost your limb. You still have it. Keep it, and use it to honor your comrades.

hi irvin
maybe this might help
i have a friend in washington dc who had sensory neuropathy and radiculopathy for 16years
here is an extract from his blog

"My name is Robert Root and I started using a bio-molecular supplement on 4/25/12, within 5 days the results I experienced were shocking to say the least. After 16 years of pain from sensory neuropathy and radiculopathy I am experiencing less pain and better coordination so rapidly it makes me gasp with joy. I sleep better, have less stinging sensations, the numbness fading in my toes, and my muscles stiff and aching anymore. If you live with chronic pain I urge you to look at this supplement as a viable alternative to dangerous and often addictive prescription medicine.

if you like to me to get more details,,i can send him a message thru facebook
regards
caesar

Ditto with Eric and KUDOS to you both!!!! All my love and affection to the soldiers. I guess the first thing is, are you still in the military? Still being treated by the VA? I totally agree that you still have you limb and you should fight with all you have to keep it. Hand and foot injuries seem to take forever to heal and return to normal. Usually they at least return to bearable. Hang in there, no more combat till you are ready, if ever, you have paid your dues. Give it time, be patient and make the VA be responsible for you. If you need help with that, post back...or contact me personally, perhaps i can help.