Hi, I am thinking for some time already which martial art to choose. I like it very much but it is very difficult for me to choose just one. I would like to hear some suggestion from people who are already training martial arts. I am 186 cm tall and 86 kg weight. Thanx.

Hi, according to your height and weight I think it would be better to choose some martial art like jiu jitsu than Tahi boxing. I suppose you are quite big guy and also pretty strong. Because of that I would suggest you to try martial art which is not so explosive but depending more on your strength and technique.

lisen ive done muay thai since i was 6, ime now 18
u can do muay thai no matter what but the bestt thing is to be quite light and agile..u sound like Mixed Martial Arts is good for u as u need combination off power and weight...

Hey Towney,

I've been practicing martial arts for about 15 years now. I wouldn't let your size, shape or weight influence you too much.

Instead decide what you want to get from your practice. What are the top 5 qualities you want from your art? For example, if you rate combat efficiency very highly - Taijiquan may not be the best choice for you. Try and match what you want to what the style of martial art claims to offer.

The best martial art is the one that's right for you.

I found this article you might find helpful:

selfgrowth.com/articles/Moore41.html

Best wishes

Fran

I studied same thing and really enjoyed!!

I broke my shoulder 3 years and it often still gives me problems (I can't lift it too high, etc without aches, etc) but I'm very keen to take up a martial art. Which one might be less *shoulder-intensive*?
I'm a stocky, 40 year old man and aside from the shoulder, perfectly healthy.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Im fed up with people telling me im too skinny. I tried hitting the gym but it really bores me.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Personly I say that you should do tae kwon do. It's for everyone, nobody is perfect for it but anyone can do it:)

There are lots of martial arts which you can learn. If you have some experience with the martial art then you can go for krav maga otherwise it would be better to join some martial arts school and learn taekwondo.

Any martial art you enjoy - try a few to find what you enjoy most. Jeet Kune Do is good because it combines explosive martial arts with Jiu Jitsu techniques