Few days ago I was very stressed out as I have many things to do and dead line was very close. I made it but I feel so tense after that so I couldn't sleep whole night. I have to take some sleeping pills and after that I finally slept. Next day my very good friend suggested me self hypnosis as technique which will help me in such situations. I would like to know something more about it.

Self hypnosis is relaxing technique which will make you feel better and help you to overcome such situation. You need to find nice and quite place where you can relax your body and your mind. It is the best way to imagine that relaxing waves are passing trough your body. You may repeat in your mind some sentences which will make you feel relaxed and nice. Also when you feel fully relaxed you may repeat in your mind some positive sentence which will make you feel better.
Usual session of self hypnosis wouldn't last longer than 20 to 25 minutes.