Hello! I have given birth to a beautiful girl 5 months ago, and on our last check up the doctor told me that she may not be gaining enough weight. The possible reason she outlined is lactose intolerance. It is still left to see what we are going to do about her not gaining weight but I would really like to know the truth meaning of being lactose intolerant.

As you probably know already, our body uses enzymes to break down food so that it can be absorbed in the bowels. When there is a lack of one or more of these enzymes, the absorption of certain foods is impossible. Missing an enzyme lactase is the most common missing enzyme. People who miss this one absorb less and sometimes even any lactose. That means they are lactose intolerant. Some children are gluten intolerant, which means they can’t absorb proteins and fat. This condition can lead to celiac disease but is very uncommon.

Probiotics (good bacteria) are recently being recognized as helping with this problem and others
However a homeopath doctor or naturopatic doctor is one to check with for nutrition instead of a doctor that does not deal with nutrition. Most doctors are for prescribing drugs which only address symptoms.
This may explain what I mean.