Hi, my stomach is always full of gases and tight. I don’t overeat, because it makes me digestion problems. Is there possibility that I am allergic to some food, and that it produces gases?

Hi, I am allergic to milk, due to inability of digesting lactose. Lactose is a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. If enzyme lactase is missing, bloating in abdomen is a usual symptom. Babies produce this enzyme so they can digest milk, including breast milk, but adults can lose this enzyme, because milk is drunk only in early childhood. Lactose intolerance is common in adults and is not health threatening. Be cautious if you are eliminating milk from the diet, to take some substitutions for milk. Deficiency of calcium, vitamin D, riboflavin, and protein can be seen if milk is avoided. For infants there are soy formulas, rice milk and lactase-treated cow's milk.